Demolition Derby – Saturday, March 10th
Moss Vale Show Demolition Derby Rules and Conditions
Vehicle Types: Sedans, Station Wagons, Utes, Panel Vans accepted
All drivers must be 17 years or over and hold a current driver’s licence which must be shown to the scrutineers.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY MARCH 7TH.
LATE ENTRIES CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Rules and Safety
- All drivers must attend the drivers meeting and be alcohol breath tested before derby.
- A.S. Approved helmets, overalls and full shoes or boots must be worn.
- All drivers must wear a seatbelt.
- No full chassis vehicles eg, Hilux utes.
- No 4WD vehicles or All Wheel Drive vehicles or Minivans permitted.
- Fuel tank must be mounted in the centre of the rear floor and secured with steel straps and must be bolted or welded in place. Preferably a steel plate mounted over the transmission tunnel and the tank mounted on the flat surface and braced to prevent movement.
- The original tank can be used if in front of rear wheels.
- Steel boat tank or proper steel jerry can is acceptable.
- Fuel tank must have no movement when fitted.
- No Tek screws to fasten straps – only bolts or welds.
- No nylon straps to hold fuel tank in.
- Install rubber grommets on fuel lines where they pass through the body.
- Original fuel tank must be removed or have holes punched in it if tank is behind rear wheels.
- Battery must be relocated to the front passenger floor and securely fitted with metal brackets or in a battery box and covered with rubber.
- Large bolts and washers must pass through steel battery hold down bracket and floor.
- Original battery J bolts will not be accepted.
- A steel cross bar must be inserted between the B pillars. A minimum 40mm steel pipe with 100x100x6mm plate welded at each end. The plate must then be welded or bolted to the car, bottom of window level.
- Bonnet: Bonnets must have the locking latch removed, then chained with 2 or 3 chains.
- Driver’s Door: Must be painted bright red with a clearly visible white diagonal cross. No sign writing permitted on door. Optional personal protection, driver’s door only can be fully welded and have a steel bar inside the door bearing on pillars.
- Cars must display allocated numbers. Numbers must be a minimum 400mm high
- Cars must have all glass, badges, interior, door handles, mud flaps and air bags removed. No broken glass inside the car or boot.
- All doors, bonnet and boot must be chained with a minimum chain no less than 6mm x 30mm link chain.
- No reinforcement allowed except that stated in rule 11.
- Vehicles must be fitted with road tyres (No mud, snow, 4WD or tractor tyres).
- No towbars allowed. Complete tow bar must be removed.
- No team colours or names allowed.
- Driver side windscreen to have mesh welded to car approximately half the size of the original windscreen. Driver’s door to have mesh welded to it with the equivalent of a quarter window left open.
- Radiator to remain in original position.
- No computer modifications allowed. Car must have original standard computer.
- No modifications to rev limiters
- A length of dowel or conduit with a 300 x 300mm white flag attached and placed through windscreen mesh and into dash. Flag must be above roof line.
- A fire unit will be located at the gates to the Main Arena, in the event of a fire or unsafe condition you will be signalled and are to stop immediately. Failure to stop will see you being disqualified. Once safe the race will resume.
- No substitute drivers allowed.
- No entries are considered final until all monies are paid and completed entry forms and indemnity form are returned.
- Entries subject to the discretion of the committee
- Cars will be scrutineered on show day. Failure to strictly comply with the above rules and conditions will result in you not being allowed to compete.
- “I don’t know” is not an excuse if you are unsure of anything – ask prior to show day. Contact Troy on 0413 682 445 for any rule you are not sure of.
- Please read the rules thoroughly because there will be no exceptions to the rules.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- All cars must be at the Showground, entering through the Bowral Road Gate by 2:00pm – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not there by 2:00pm, you will not be permitted to enter the Derby.